Lindahl Brother's is currently seeking the following positions:
Heavy Highway/Commercial Estimator/Project Manager
Lindahl is one of the Chicago area's largest excavating contractors with our current fleet of equipment and trucks.
Since our founding in 1927, Lindahl Brothers, Inc. has earned its reputation as a leading excavating contractor.
Description: This position is a unique blend of two positions, a Project Manager and an Estimator. As an estimator
your principal duties are to plan, organize and control estimating activities for jobs. Through the Project Manager
function, your primary duty is to handle daily details of the projects including, but not limited to, purchasing,
subcontracting, and extra work activities.
- Prepares quantity takeoffs for commercial excavation and heavy highway projects.
- Analyzes project costs and anticipated productivity.
- Prepares lump sum and unit price proposals for a variety of mass excavation, heavy highway, and
commercial excavation projects.
- Negotiates subcontractor and supplier pricing.
- Interacts directly with contracting party (General Contractor or Owner).
- Prepares and negotiates subcontractor and supplier contracts.
- Prepares and transmits contract change orders.
- Manages and evaluates project budget.
- Assists in planning and organizing field activities in accordance with project specification and contract.
- +5 years of experience in heavy highway or commercial construction estimating and project management.
- Preference for experience in mass earthwork, highway construction and/or commercial excavation.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Experience with HCSS-HeavyBid, HCSS-HeavyJob, Agtek, and Microsoft Office.
- B.S. in Civil Engineering and/or Construction Management or equivalent additional experience.
- Established management, leadership and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate well both
verbally and written.
- Must be conscientious and able to work independently.
- Valid Driver's license (in order to drive company vehicle).
- Competitive salary based on experience and other qualifications.
- Medical and dental insurance paid in full by Lindahl Brothers, Inc.
- Generous time off plan.
- Access to company vehicle during working hours to visit jobsites and attend meetings.
- 401k plan w/ company match.
We are accepting applications, but all drivers must have at least 7 years of CDL experience with a minimum of 2 years semi-dump experience.
Send resume with salary requirements to:
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Lindahl Brothers, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Lindahl Brothers, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.